Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I have already become woefully bad with the updates.

Well. Since our last installment, I ripped Samus down to the band again and started her up again. It pissed me off no end, but I was determined to get it right. She's looking good now: I've done all the waist shaping AND I have the right number of stitches on my needles (can you say HALLELUJAH?) It's a little shorter than I'd expected it to be at this point, which is odd since my row gauge is absolutely perfectly spot-on at 25 rows per 4 inches, and the band width is exactly right as well. Eh. Anyway, no big deal: I think it'll fit me just fine as it is. I hope so!

My work holiday party is tomorrow afternoon. There's going to be someone there collecting donated gifts for local underprivileged kids. I hadn't bought anything, and was going to contribute to the canned food drive instead, but then I had the idea to knit some hats! I've done some hat knitting recently, and decided that with a bulky yarn, kids hats would knit up fast enough for me to have them done in time. I made two cute little beanies: one in a fuzzy pink variegated yarn with mohair in it, for a girl, and one in light blue Lamb's Pride Bulky for a boy. They should fit kids around ages 2-4. I put tags on them to say they're hand-knit and should be hand-washed, and wrapped them up. I'm really glad I did this. It feels good to know that my stash is going to a good cause! And I'm getting addicted to hats. I've knit myself a couple in the past, but they weren't very good. I think it may soon be time to make another.

In two days is the MIT Stitch 'n Bitch Holiday Party. We're doing a stash swap as a gift exchange, which should be fun. I'll have to see what I have that's swappable. I know there are at least a few things in there. I got a friend who works at MIT to agree to come, too. It's always nice to recruit folks, and I already know I like knitting with her.

I think that next up to receive some hand-knits from me as gifts are my boyfriend's parents. A wrap or shawl for his mom, perhaps, or comfy slippers. Maybe a nice thick cabled scarf and hat for his dad. Or something. But I don't have time for that before Christmas, and NO IDEA what to do for them this year. Oy. I'll figure something out. I am a creative little seed after all.

No comments: