Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Progress!

Last time I wrote I was trying to figure out waist decreases for Samus. That same evening, I recalled having seen something about how to calculate decreases across a number of rows in my roommate's copy of SnB Nation. I went looking for that info, and came across something even better: a guide to adding waist decreases to a sweater pattern!

After some number-wrangling, I figured out what I needed to do. I'm now doing two paired decreases at where each side of the sweater will be. Actually, I've done that bit. I did that every other (RS) row, five times. Now I'm knitting another inch of sweater. Then I will do 2 paired INCREASES at where each side of the sweater will be, every FOUR rows, five times. Then I knit a few more inches, and BOOM! Time for sleeve caps! Rock on!

I'll try to get some pictures of my work up this weekend, including some past FOs.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yeah, we need pics!