Monday, October 29, 2007

I revel in Ravelry!

I got my invite!!!

I am opening up to a whole big community of knitters. This is exciting. Friends, coworkers, unknown locals...there are so many people out there. Of course, this also means I'm opening up some new issues.

Now, for a long time, I've had a personal blog wherein I keep all the stuff that I really only care to share with friends. And, though there are coworkers I like very much, I haven't alerted them as to where to find that blog, because, well, it's personal. And there are things in the blog, my profile, etc. that might raise the eyebrows of people I work with. I wouldn't want them to feel squicked. I have no problem keeping that blog separate for the most part. I do have this knitting blog with which to share my yarn-related life with my fellow knitters, whoever they are: friends, coworkers, strangers, etc. Ravelry, however...

I was poring over the groups and found several I'd like to join. Then I thought, "I'm friending coworkers on here. What would they think if they saw I was a member of X group?" In short, I'm wondering how to balance indulging my personal interests there and not freaking out my coworkers by giving them TMI about my personal life. This may take a while...

No comments: