Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Picking up where I left off!

I am so good. I am a GOOD little knitter. This past weekend, I finally got off my butt and...WORKED ON SAMUS. Yes. You heard me. I did NOT end up re-blocking her, but I realized I didn't need to. I sewed the shoulder seams, sewed the sleeves to the body, and started the i-cord edging, which is now about half done. YES!!! When that edging is finished, all I'll need will be a zipper! I'm so excited.

Some issues:

1) My seaming sucks. I mean, it really sucks. This thing is kinda going to look like Frankensweater. But I did my best, and I'll still bloody wear it.

2) The sleeves are a little bigger than I want, considering I made the body of the cardigan a little more fitted, but that's the pattern.

Other than that, I'm really quite pleased.

Now, the state of my other projects: I am nearly done with the first of the Lacy Trellis Socks. I'm almost done with the decrease rounds after doing the heel. My Brea Bag is still languishing for lack of yarn to finish the gusset. My scarf is big, but not big enough. I will have to get cracking on that soon so I have it when the really cold weather hits.

But Samus is almost DONE!!!

No comments: