Thursday, October 25, 2007

Now that the secret's out...

I can say that the ladies of the MIT Stitch 'n' Bitch and a whole lot of other people have made up a gorgeous afghan for one of our own, FemiKnitMafia, who's going through some tough life-stuff right now. I'm glad I had time to contribute a square, even if the funky mock-houndstooth slip stitch pattern I chose was utterly, utterly wrong for the yarn I chose. I was afraid of that. At least it's still a pretty colour, with the teal mohair and mohair/metallic type blend sort of mooshing together instead of making crisply separated bits of colour. Apparently, Danielle gave the afghan to her (not completed, but mostly seamed together) on the way to Rhinebeck, and it went over well. Yay. I'm hoping that when it's done, we can get some pics of it.

Tomorrow is the Day of the Gum Surgery, which means that when I get home after my 9am appointment and my quick stop to pick up soup and ice cream at the store, I will be spending the day sitting on the couch, knitting, and watching Viggo Mortensen movies. Mmmmm. Viggo. And yarn. *sigh*

1 comment:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Yeah, it was one of the best things that anyone has ever done for me. Seriously. I was totally and completely shocked. Thank you so much for participating. It's lovely and I can't wait to wrap myself in it.