Thursday, June 09, 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel

Yesterday, I put in my lifeline at the end of Clue 6a of Vernal Equinox! I'm now on row 213, the third row of the VERY...LAST...CHART. Yes, folks, the end is in sight. I might not have finished it by Beltane, as I'd hoped, but I will finish it by Litha. In other words, my Vernal Equinox will be complete by the Summer Solstice. :)

But with the approaching end comes a question: knitted or crocheted edging?

I really love the look of the crocheted edging, but...I don't crochet. I have no doubt I could learn to do the very simple stitches required to complete the shawl, but I'm not so sure I could do them with the evenness of tension and neatness required for the edging to look really good. I guess I'm answering my own question right now: I'll go for the knitted bind-off, and just be creative when it comes to blocking the edge.

This shawl is going to be AWESOME for stuff like over-air-conditioned movie theaters and the like, this summer! I'm especially looking forward to wearing it with my brown-and-green dress, with which it will go perfectly.

When I'm done with it, I ought to go back to that Seascape Stole. Or...do I frog it (ARGH, KIDSILK HAZE FROGGING) and start something else, maybe something with a shorter pattern repeat that's easier to keep track of? Maybe I'll give it a shot and see how it goes for a while.

And then...Shipwreck? Possibly! I also have that Supersock Lace burning a hole in my stash...

No comments: