Friday, November 19, 2010

BORED NOW.

I haven't posted in a little while. I know, that's hardly unusual for this blog, but I'd been so good about it! The reason why I haven't posted is that my current knitting project feels more like WORK than fun. I'm making a hot water bottle cozy. It's a very simple project--so simple it's not a challenge. Also, it's on heavy worsted cotton yarn knit on size 6 DPNS (since I didn't have a long enough needle cable for Magic Loop). So:

1) Boring pattern
2) Non-stretchy yarn knit at a very tight gauge for that yarn
3) DPNs (hate)

I have not been enthusiastic. So, it's been taking me a little while. I have left my knitting bag at home on rainy days, of which we've had a few, and I also left it today. I intend to finish it over the weekend, though, because I want to move on to something fun...like LACE! I will probably start the Vernal Equinox shawl in the Green Mystery Yarn from Newton's Yarn Country. That will keep me pleasantly occupied for a while, and give me something to do over Thanksgiving when I am not stuffing my face with...um...stuffing.

No comments: