Monday, November 08, 2010

The end is nigh!

The end of Multnomah, anyway. I can smell it! I started binding off on the bus to work this morning. Squee! :D With luck, I'll be blocking it tonight! Making use of my new blocking kit! At least, making use of the flexible rods and pins--there are no straight lines on this shawl! It's all curves, baby, just like me! Yeah.

...that feather and fan edge is going to be a pain in the ass to pin...

A friend of mine has asked me if I would knit something for her on commission. I told her I'd consider it--we need to discuss what she wants, and then if it's something that looks reasonable to me, we can agree on a price. I'm not going to charge a hell of a lot, since she's a friend and not asking for something on a deadline or to give someone else as a gift. So I don't mind making part of the labor be my gift to her. She wants either a small shawlette (I'd do something fairly simple--not another Aeolian!--in sock yarn, most likely) or some fingerless gloves.

No comments: