Monday, February 21, 2011

Going green

I've been making decent progress on the Seascape stole. I finished the first repeat of Chart B, and have done six rows of the next repeat. Today, though, I decided to get my Vernal Equinox shawl back on the needles. Fortunately, it appears that I started picking up stitches with the Denise needles at the more difficult side of the row, so the hard part was out of the way already. I slipped all those stitches onto the Harmonies, and then finished picking up the rest of the row. Miraculously, I found I had exactly the right number of stitches on my needles when I was done. I'm now working on Chart 5 for that pattern. I'm finding that while I do love the Seascape and the Kidsilk Haze (oh, it makes such a pretty, frothy fabric!), it's none the worse for a change. I don't think there's any chance of my actually finishing this shawl by Ostara/the Vernal Equinox, but I should be able to finish it this spring.

No comments: