Friday, February 04, 2011

Hey, how'd that happen?

I was eating breakfast at my desk this morning while wearing my Aeolian, and spilled a little yogurt on it. Not the end of the world. I went to dab it with a wet paper towel in the ladies' room...and was shocked to find three stitches at that spot that were unraveling! Wow! Looks like I flubbed a decrease somewhere and dropped them. Grr. I took off the shawl, and managed to catch them on a paper clip (no stitch holders in my bag right now), so it's at least stable. There's no way I can actually fix this properly (i.e., by undoing the bind off and bringing those stitches up to where they're supposed to be). I'll have to wing it, somehow. I can figure out a good fudge, I think. It pisses me off, though! OTOH, I can't believe it lasted this long without getting completely messed up and unravelled. Nifty.

No comments: