Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Truncated

1) I still haven't fixed my damn Aeolian! Now that I know I can knit again (see #3), I need to remember to do that when I get a chance.

2) I DID, however, fix the tiny hole I found in my Seascape. It was a dropped stitch, though I seem to have picked up something above it to keep the same number of stitches. Somehow. I dunno. Anyway, I feel kind of bad because it was a fudge-fix: I took a small length of yarn from another ball, passed it through that dropped stitch, and wove it through surrounding stitches to secure and hide it. It's a cheat, yeah, but it means SOOOO MUCH less work, especially with that persnickity Kidsilk Haze.

3) So, Saturday night, I maimed myself. I sliced the tip of my right ring finger off with a mandoline slicer while making dinner. Ow. I couldn't knit at all for the first two days because the bandage the ER put on me was HUGE, and made my finger look like a chicken drumstick. But now I just have a normal Band-Aid, and the position in which I hold my hands to knit doesn't bother it. Yay! I'd had a bad cold for a while before I hurt my finger, and didn't have the energy to deal with fixing stuff before doing actual knitting, so that prevented me from getting any work done for about a week in total. I got a couple rows done on the bus this morning. I'd have done more, but there's this guy who's on my bus who introduced himself to me yesterday (he lives in my neighborhood), and likes being chatty. At least I've let him know I have a boyfriend.

4) I need to knit my friend R. a chemo cap of some kind. She is someone I know only online, but I've known her online for a while. She has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and is going to start chemo soon. She's a knitter, too, and has requested hats from her fellow knitter friends. I'm thinking maybe a Hallowig. :) Man, I hope she's going to be OK. She has a young daughter who I'd hate to see grow up without her mom around.

5) I also need to get my Vernal Equinox back on the needles. I managed to put one of my Denises about halfway through along the last lifeline, but the cable on that is so thick, and the tips are so blunt, that it's a real bitch. Now I have my new Harmony Options tips, and can throw it on those. Weekend projects!

No comments: