Thursday, February 03, 2011

No pictures, but an update

I realized it's been a while since I posted here! Since my last writing, I have received the new Harmony Options tips and cables I'd ordered. I also got the lace book I'd ordered. I haven't yet looked through it, but just a quick flip looked very interesting!

While I was waiting for this stuff to arrive, I hit up my good old LYS, Windsor Button, and picked up not one, not two, but THREE balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. Mmmmm....Kiiiidsiiiilk Haaaaaaaze. *drool* I used the gift certificates my manager gave me last year and this year for the holidays. I wanted to get the yarn in a smoky grey, but when I was at the store, they didn't have it in that color, or any color I really wanted. I sort of liked the idea of using the white they had, but was terrified of getting it stained. I asked the staff if they had any in grey in the back, and much to my surprise, they had a whole bag of it! I got my three balls and left, delighted.

I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do. I was thinking of trying Ice Queen and maybe something else, but ended up choosing the Seascape stole. It's a beautiful, delicate, elegant pattern that goes well with anything. So far, it's enjoyable to knit with the KSH, but any time I need to UN-knit, it's a huge pain in the ass. On the plus side, though, if I drop a stitch, that same stick-to-itself quality means that it doesn't go far.

I've finished Chart A, and have started Chart B of the Seascape stole. I figure, I'll finish one repeat of Chart B (there are 7 in all), and then maybe do some work on the Vernal Equinox shawl. Or knit my friend R a chemo cap of some kind. Probably a Hallowig. Poor woman, she's been diagnosed with breast cancer. She's got a little girl, too. I don't know her in person, but we've been friends online for a while, and I want to give her something.

Anyway, the knitting does proceed apace. I haven't had one of those, "AAAARRRRGHHHH! I can't stand it! I'm putting this away and not touching it!" moments in quite a long time. My only break in knitting was by necessity, and it was short.

No comments: